These portraits are meant to capture the essence of your loved ones – a person, a couple, your family, or pet. Drawn from your photograph, I want to evoke emotion and elegance out of the simplicity of these lines to make art out of a moment in time.
From the beauty and rawness of motherhood, to the snapshot of everyday life or a favourite moment in time, I am so honored to create these pieces for you.
Please note: Custom minimalistic portraits typically ship within 3-4 weeks of placing an order.
Orders placed after November 1, 2020 will still be accepted but are not guaranteed to be delivered in time for Christmas.
*Halos, babies, or loved ones that have passed may be added to a family portrait free of charge. Please specify in notes or contact me for more information.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Choose a favourite photo that you'd like recreated into a minimalistic portrait drawing
- Photo MUST be good resolution (not blurry or pixelated when zoomed in) in order for me to capture all the necessary details
- I work from ONE photo, however, depending on how complicated I may be able to alter or add in a person for an additional cost (contact for estimate)
- A hand-lettered family name, special quote, or location and date (Jones Family Est. 2019) can be added to the bottom of your portrait for $5
- Elaborate outfits (uniforms, wedding attire, etc.) or a single additional background item (vehicle, pet, etc.) can be added for $5
- Pricing of elaborate outfits or additional details are subject to change based on amount of work needed to fulfill the request
- Specify your desired text or add-ons in the Order Notes section of checkout page
PHOTOS THAT WORK BEST:
- Try not to cut off part of the subject's head or body (feet, tops of the head, etc.), the exception being photos that are waist up. This isn't absolutely necessary as I can draw them 'off page', but helpful if you want a completed look!
- If the subject is not looking straight ahead, it is helpful to have a clear shot of the person's profile
- Ideally, photos should not have objects obstructing the subject
Prints are 8.5x11 to fit an 8x10 frame or 9x12 frame depending on if you choose to mat or not. Sometimes depending on the frame, you may need to trim your print slightly.